Thursday 4 October 2007

24 HOUR, NO TOILET, NO SHOWER, FULL POWER!!

This is a tribute to an amazing rickshaw driver we met yesterday (by we I don't mean the royal we, I mean myself and Amanda, my lovely travel companion)
Waseen picked us up at the train station and was totally hilarious. Singing Bob Marley songs, telling bizarre jokes, doing magic tricks, he even let us drive his rickshaw.
We were in Agra just for the day to see the Taj Mahal and then chillout before our evening train, but having met Waseen we decided to go on a tour of the city. He keeps a little notebook with him where his satisfied customers write their comments. Everyone seems to love this guy and many people referred to him having touched their life in a special way. He certainly is that kind of genuinely joyful positive person, in the front of the notebook is something he wrote himself about life and love. I wish I could remember it. It was a kind of manifesto of his whole attitude to life, and I feel lucky to have met him especially at this stage of my travels in India (slight culture shock setting in, feeling a bit hassled and besieged).
He even gave me a little yoga lesson.

We went to see some really cool bits of Agra, like the back of the Taj Mahal where you don't have to pay to see it and this building with amazing Islamic design (I think it was a mausoleum, to be honest i was too busy looking at it rather than reading the plaque outside which explained the place).
The title of this post is a saying of Waseen's, which he reckons he made up himself. I'm impressed. It certainly sums up our mammoth journey of yesterday and all of last night from Jaipur through to Rishikesh. A train then a train then a train then a bus then a rickshaw mamma mia.

6 comments:

Catherine said...

This saying sounds like someone on drugs talking about their glastonbury experience...
Big up to Waseen, he sounds like a lovely man.

Unknown said...

It's from a song man!!!

chester said...

erik - It's from a song man!!!

dude, i need this song. can u help me ?

Unknown said...

can you give a this song ?

Unknown said...

I heard this song in Rishikesh & entire album,

Me & my girl friend becme fan of this.
Just love you guys for creating this album:)

Cheers
Anubhav
anubhav13.sri@gmail.com

Unknown said...

i heard ds song a few daz agoo... awsm,.... m not able to download it... plz help..!!